# Updating For Beta 13
Beta 13 ships with several new extenders to simplify building and maintaining extensions. We do our best to create backward compatibility changes. We recommend changing to new Extenders as soon as they are available.
# Breaking Changes
- Dropped support for PHP 7.1.
- Classes from the
Zendnamespace are now removed. Use the
Laminasnamespace instead. See PR #1963 (opens new window).
Flarum\Util\Str::slug()method has been removed including the class. Use
Flarum\Event\ConfigureMiddlewarehas been removed. Use the proper replacement.
- Several events used in Event Listeners have been removed, use their replacement extender instead.
- The LanguagePack extender only loads keys from extensions that are enabled. The translations loaded are based on the yaml files matching the i18n namespace.
- All notifications are now sent through the queue; without a queue driver they will run as usual.
- The implementation of avatar upload changed, we're no longer storing files temporarily on disk (opens new window).
- The SES mail driver has been removed (opens new window).
- Mail driver backward compatibility from beta 12 has been removed, use the new Mail extender or implement the modified interface (opens new window).
# New Features
- A ton of new extenders:
- Several events have been marked deprecated (opens new window) to be removed in beta 14.